Posted on August 17, 2008 by Paul Ritchie
One of my first duties with the PMI Global Corporate Council was to give feedback and input to Janice Thomas, who was planning PMI-sponsored research into the value of project management. After more than three years, it was great to see the first findings made public in Warsaw earlier this year.
The study itself, Researching the Value of Project Management, will be released soon. Smartly, PMI released a preview PDF (here) and a 90 minute presentation by the lead authors Janice Thomas and Mark Mullaly, PMP (embedded here).
Mary Adams over at Hybrid Vigor will be particularly interested in the attention paid to intangible benefits (Crossderry posts here, here, and here) in the study, which Kelley Hunsberger highlighted (here).
Filed under: Business Case, Implementation Costs, Performance Management, Portfolio Management, Program Management, Project Management, Project Success Factors, Strategy Management | Tagged: Global Corporate Council, Hybrid Vigor, Janice Thomas, Kelley Hunsberger, Mark Mullaly, Mary Adams, PMI, Project Management Institute, Researching the Value of Project Management, Value of Project Management | 8 Comments »
Posted on July 1, 2008 by Paul Ritchie
Links and comments are the about the only way for me to know if I’m writing something interesting, useful, or at least provocative. I appreciate each and every one.
Thanks to the following folks for linking to Crossderry this past quarter…
- The folks over at relentless PR, especially Leo Bottary (here and here)
- Bas at Project Shrink (here)
- Scott Middleton (here)
- Mary Adams at Hybrid Vigor (here)
- Rafael at Better Projects (here)
- Miguel at eme ka eme (here)
Also, thank you to those who commented… (many of the folks above commented as well, but I won’t duplicate)
- Vinnie Mirchandani at Deal Architect (here)
- Charles Green at Trusted Advisor (here)
- Jonathan Becher at Manage by Walking Around (here)
- Michael Krigsman at IT Project Failures (here)
- Patti Choby (here)
- Rich Maltzman at Scope Crepe (here)
- Markus at Leadership Briefing (here)
- One of the gang at PM Think (here)
- Craig Brown at Better Projects (here)
- Bill at Projects Possible (here)
- lazymale at lap31 (here)
Apologies if I missed anyone… Thanks again, Paul
Filed under: Random | Tagged: Bas de Baar, Better Projects, Charles Green, Craig Brown, Deal Architect, eme ka eme, Hybrid Vigor, IT Project Failures, Jonathan Becher, lap31, lazymale, Leadership Briefing, Leo Bottary, manage by walking around, Mary Adams, Michael Krigsman, Miguel Cornejo Castro, Patti Choby, PM Think, Project Shrink, Projects Possible, Rafael Peixoto de Azevedo, relentlessPR, Rich Maltzman, Scope Crepe, Scott Middleton, trusted advisor, Vinnie Mirchandani | 4 Comments »