As a follow-up to my ASAP and WBS features post (here), I should relay a quick KM win anecdote and give kudos to my team. The director who leads our methodology and enablement team drove a simple, but effective, effort to incorporate the conversation from our internal social media into our external-facing methodologies. A new set of accelerators – samples, templates, and white papers - was published based on frequency analysis of the questions and answers from internal discussions hosted on our internal SAP Corporate Portal.
Furthermore, the team focused on available material — i.e., well-regarded accelerators already published — so we could respond efficiently and effectively. The results of this initiative are now available in the ASAP for Implementation Roadmap and are embedded in our PMO innovation lifecycle.
- Sample Conversion and Interface Strategy
- Configuration Documentation Template/Sample
- Sample Cutover Plan
- Business Process Flow Template/Sample
- Requirements Traceability Matrix Practice Document
- Business Blueprint Presentation Sample
- Authorization Definition Template/Sample
- Knowledge Transfer Template
- Production Support Strategy and Production Support Plan
- Data Conversion Methods and Metrics Guideline
- Centralized Data Management White Paper
- Sample Test Cases
- Integration Test Signoff Template
Filed under: Collaboration, Communications, Complexity, Innovation, Knowledge Management, Methodology, PMO, Program Management, Project Management, SAP, Web 2.0 | Tagged: ASAP, ASAP for Implementation, best practices, knowledge re-use, recommended practices, social media | Leave a Comment »